Bipasha declares war with Katrina

Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu is miffed at being tagged as the seniormost actor in "Bachna Ae Haseeno", which is releasing Friday, and says she has started feeling someone as old as legendary Amitabh Bachchan.

She co-stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, who are just one film old. Minissha Lamba and Karan Kapoor are also in the movie.

"People have been calling me the seniormost actor in the film. I almost feel like Amitabh Bachchan now. The others in the film are extremely good actors and not at all inexperienced, " Bipasha told.

"They have a lot of experience and have absolute clarity in their mind on what they want to do. They are very spontaneous and we even get together very well in that way, " added Bipasha who was seen in this year's first big hit "Race".

She is also very upset with some media houses spreading stories on her and Deepika Padukone's "animosity". But she admits there is a problem with Katrina unlike Kareena, Deepika and Minissha.

She says, "We should realise that women are transparent creatures and we can't be friends with anybody. Kareena and I had a problem so many years back that today I don't even remember today what it was.

I don't know Kareena as a person but today I can say openly I don't have any problems with her. People then created an awkwardness and with constant repetition the problem got aggravated but I hold no grudges. She's a wonderful actress."

But there is a problem with Katrina Kaif with whom she acted in Race? The buzz was that they didn't talk to each other at all during the film's shooting. Bipasha admits, "Yes there is a problem between Katrina and me. We didn't speak during Race but that never stopped shooting.

If she met Kareena or Katrina at a social event would she be cordial and greet them warmly? "I could walk up to Kareena and do that; but no, I can't do that with Katrina. There is an awkwardness between Katrina and me. We don't talk to each other."

Bipasha was here with her co-stars and director Siddharth Anand to promote the film that traces the journey of a young boy from the age of 18 to 30.

In the film, Bipasha plays an aspiring actress who travels to Mumbai from Ranchi to fulfil her dreams but ends up working with Shiamak Davar's dance troupe.

"The character in the film is just like me. Radhika works and keeps her relationship going simultaneously. The role is very contemporary. She is an effortless dresser. She wears shorts and vests and uses all kinds of funky bags and accessories."

The dusky beauty says she enjoyed shooting for the film.

"I was completely pampered on the sets and have finally made two great friends in Ranbir and Siddharth. I have not spent enough time with the girls though."

"Bachna Ae Haseeno" has been extensively shot abroad at locations like Venice, Switzerland, Sydney and 15 towns of Italy.

Bipasha enjoyed her Italy stint the most.

She said: "I got a lot of compliments in Italy for the clothes I was wearing. Italian men only know how to romance. They are impeccably dressed with styled hair and they only want to marry you."

Her forthcoming movies include Bengali film "Shob Charitro Kalponik" Sanjay Gupta's "Pankh" and Jeh Surti's "Freeze". All are schedule to hit the screens this year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...