Salman says Shah Rukh is no longer a friend

Bollywood bad boy Salman Khan has finally spoken about his fight with fellow actor Shah Rukh Khan and has made it clear that he is no longer friends with him.

“Whatever happened is between me and Shah Rukh. It’s personal. I’m not going to deny that there are issues between us. I’m a primitive man born in today’s time. I can’t fake anything. If there is a problem then I’m not going to deny it. We’ve had problems before but this time I don’t think we can sort them out. We are two different people. Our values and way of thinking are different. I don’t think we can be friends. I think it’s better to declare that then put on a fake façade of being friends and back-biting each other,” said a saddened Salman about his ‘former’ best friend Shah Rukh.

In the sensational no holds barred interview, given to an Indian newspaper, Salman expressed his disappointment at a friend (Shah Rukh) who doesn’t repay favours. “Shah Rukh used to come to my home to ask me to appear on Kaun Banega Crorepati and Om Shanti Om, I just mentioned it to him that it’ll be nice if he has the time to listen to the story,” said Salman in reference to his home production Main Aur Mrs Khanna; a film that Shah Rukh refused to guest star in.

Salman also brought attention towards Shah Rukh living at his home during the early 90s; a time when Salman was a superstar and Shah Rukh a mere struggling actor. “Yeah but I’ve only been to his house twice in my life. The first time I went on my own and the second time was when he came and took me to his house for a chat. It’s very simple. If you come to my house and you are being nice to me so why wouldn’t I be nice to you? I don’t fake anything. If I’m not in a good mood then that too shows on screen. But bad mood doesn’t mean that I’ve to behave badly. I try and be a good host.” he said.

During one part of the interview, Salman used actor Akshay Kumar as a prime example of a hardworking person who doesn’t use others to take himself up the Bollywood ladder. “He (Akshay) is very hard-working and keeps to himself and will work hard to bring himself up and not to bring someone else down,” said Salman about Akshay comparing him with Shah Rukh.

When asked as who he seeks advice from now that he has far less friends than before, Salman reveals his one true mate, “God. I talk to him all the time. I always get my answers from him. Sure, there have been instances when he doesn’t listen to me and doesn’t give me what I ask for but he does that only when I don’t deserve it. I’ve observed that whenever God hasn’t given me what I asked for, it’s for the best. No matter what happens I always thank God. Agar yeh nahi bologe toh aap nashukr ho (if you don’t say this then you’re thankless). God has given me so much and I just have to appreciate it.”

What do you make of this interview… is Salman right in saying that he can no longer be friends with Shah Rukh… and should Shah Rukh have accepted a guest role in one of Salman’s family productions… after all Salman has helped him out on many occasions… or is Salman just becoming bitter with age and is taking digs at everyone for no apparent reason… what about Salman using Akshay’s example of the honest hardworking actor to take a dig at Shah Rukh… is he true about that… does Shah Rukh use people and forget about them… we would love your views on this topic which has now come back in the news fold because of this sensational interview… please use the comments section below to send your thoughts to us and to fellow readers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...