Style Spotlight: Teyana Taylor

Alas, my Sweet Sixteenth was far from fabulous. If my memory serves me right my parents paid the entry fee for all my friends and I at the local roller rink. Afterwards we skated merrily home. Teyana Taylor on the other hand threw a birthday party to end all birthday parties. The recently signed musician to Pharrell’s label Star Trak, made her grand entrance dressed as a life sized, black Barbie doll. The bubblegum pink Heatherette dress she wore summarized her style so perfectly – skater street but all the way sweet. She’s a strange hybrid between Aaliyah, Lupe Fiasco, and Debbie Harry. I chose to spotlight her before her album drops next year. I love how unique she is, especially in this increasingly homogenous music industry. I haven’t heard any of her music so I shall reserve judgment on that but based on her image I am 100% intrigued. Visit her MySpace page to learn more and listen to some tracks. Also check out this cover of Trace magazine that Teyana recently appeared on.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...