Bollywood wishes Rahman luck for Oscars

Music maestro A.R. Rahman has bagged two nominations at the 83rd Academy Awards for his work in Danny Boyle's "127 Hours" and the film frat is hoping that the composer triumphs again at the gala event Sunday.

His colleagues and friends wish him luck and are hoping he brings the golden statuette home again, having bagged two Oscars for the best original score and the song in 2009 for rags-to-riches drama "Slumdog Millionaire". This time, Rahman has been nominated for the original score of "127 Hours" as well as original song "If I Rise".

"I feel great. I feel wonderful because Rahman is one person who has made us so proud and I am really, really happy. I wish him all the best," said Rani Mukerji.

Actor-producer Arbaaz Khan said: "That's a great achievement. The last time when he won the Oscar, it looked like one time dream. I wish him all the best. He is a true deserving candidate and pride of the country."

"He had to get the nominations. He has already has two to his credit. He will continue getting them. He has already made India proud and would continue doing so. My best wishes are always with him," said singer Udit Narayan.

Singer Kailash Kher said: "I congratulate him and wish him all the best. Every year he should achieve more honours."

"The whole country is proud of him. He is good, he is talented and I hope he delivers time and again. I am very happy. I wish him all the best," actor Arshad Warsi said.

Composer Pritam Chakraborty said: "I wish him luck. Anything you say about him is less. If you name a few pride of our country, he is one of them. I wish him all the best."

"It's something to be proud of that an Indian has made a golden mark on the world map," director Vishal Bhardwaj said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...