Playboy covergirl makes Bollywood debut with 'Aazaan'

Playboy covergirl Candice Boucher will make her Bollywood debut as a sand artist in director Prashant Chadha's "Aazaan".

Acclaimed sand artist Alexandra Konofalskaya was flown down from Belarus to train Candice for her role.

"I never imagined myself in a Bollywood film but now I'm looking forward to its premiere. I love your country and I want to see a lot of India," she said in a press statement.

"Aazaan" is an international espionage film about an informant who has to go undercover beyond enemy lines to save the nation from destruction by biological warfare.

"While scripting the film, I felt that Candice would make the perfect mystery miss. Given that she's a Playboy covergirl, the instant connect is, 'She must be hot.' She is but there's also a certain vulnerability that makes her more appealing," said Chadha, who made his directorial debut with Himesh Reshammiyaa starrer "Aap Ka Surroor".


Onir's 'I AM' ready for April release

Director Onir's "I AM", co-produced by over 400 people from 35 cities across the world, is now ready to hit the screens April 22.

"I AM" is a tale of four stories woven together that take audiences through issues and dilemmas that bruise modern Indian society.

The film unfolds many a tale of individuals struggling to find their identity, and uphold their dignity in a world that is callous, cold and unsympathetic.

The film bagged NETPAC Award for the Best in Asian Cinema at the International Film Festival of Kerala and many more honours.

The ensemble cast includes Juhi Chawla, Rahul Bose, Nandita Das, Sanjay Suri, Purab Kohli, Arjun Mathur, Abhimanyu Singh and Manisha Koirala. The film also marks the acting debut of directors Anurag Kashyap and Anurag Basu.

"The industry is looking forward to the release of 'I AM' since it's a movie with a soul. We can expect stellar performances for the cast and it's got its heart in the right place," said a source.

"I AM" is being distributed by PVR across India

It's difficult to play a legend's role: Neha Dhupia

Neha Dhupia, who plays Eva Braun in "Dear Friend Hitler", says that it is difficult to play legends on screen.

"Playing the role of Hitler's companion Eva Brown was very challenging. She was a legend in a way and I feel it is diffifcult to play legandary characters on screen," said the 30-year-old at presentation on the City Of Dreams Macau resort adjacent to Hong Kong. She has been appointed the official celebrity guide of the project.

"It has been a task for me, but I took it very sportingly as I belive in extending and exploring my horizons. I am a firm believer of pushing one's envelope and experincing the unkown," she added.

The film is Amrapali Media Vision's first production and is directed by Rakesh Ranjan Kumar. The film also stars Nalin Singh and Raghuveer Yadav.

Source: Indo-Asian News Service


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...