Lady GaGa "too ethnic" for fame

Lady GaGa has revealed that she was told by her drama teachers at university that she would never make it as a star.

The 24-year-old explained that they said she was "too ethnic" to ever be successful.

She told the crowd during a concert at Madison Square Garden last night that her teachers said: "You'll never be the heroine, the blonde, the star. Your hair's too dark. You look too ethnic."

She went on to say that she had replied to them: "What about Liza?" - referencing actress and singer Liza Minelli, who was at the show.

The singer also praised her hometown New York and thanked her fans for making her "brave".

She added: "I used to live 20 blocks from here, so I saw all those names go up on the Marquis, and I always wanted to see my name up in those lights.

"You made me brave, little monsters, and New York made me brave."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...