Janet Jackson 'verbally abused by brothers'

Janet Jackson has revealed that her brothers used to taunt her over her appearance.

The singer spoke of how Michael and her other brothers called her names such as "horse", "pig", "cow" and "slaughter-hog", which she admits affected her deeply.

In an interview on the Today show, Janet admitted: "I would literally bang my head up against the wall because I didn't feel attractive. There was a lot of pain in my life. But I did. I felt very unattractive."

On her brothers' teasing, she said: "It makes you laugh, it really does. It makes you laugh. I guess some people could say, 'Oh that's, you know, brothers and sisters joking, it's all affection, it's all, you know, it's in a loving way,' but not everybody can brush it off, and I was one of those."

Janet went on to recall that her issues with her weight began when she was asked to shed pounds for a role on a TV show at the age of 10.

She explained: "I was asked to lose weight. I wasn't a heavy kid on the show but I was 10 years old and developing very quickly so they would put gauze around my chest to make me smaller, and I think that has an effect on you as a child as if who you are isn't good enough."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...