Julianne Moore 'married for children'

Julianne Moore has admitted that she got married to provide a stable family environment for her children.

In an interview with The Guardian, Moore said that she never seriously considered marrying husband Bart Freundlich until she thought about how it would affect their son and daughter.

"The only reason I got married in 2003 was for my children. I had a therapist who said marriage is really a container for a family, and that made sense to me," the 50-year-old explained.

The Kids Are All Right star and Freundlich had son Galeb, 13, and daughter Liv, 8, before they married eight years ago.

Moore added that family is now one of her top priorities, saying: "I want to be with my husband and kids as much as I can. Some celebrities take their children everywhere with them - despite having to pull them away from school and friends.

"Because of my own childhood experiences, I try to work in New York or during the summer, when my family can come with me."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...